Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am concerned about my eye following blepharoplasty 3 weeks

I am concerned about my eye following blepharoplasty 3 weeks ago and I can't seem to find any answers
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: My vision is fine, sorry, it is the eyelid that is of concern
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (5SVL7LS)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have been on steroid eye drops for 5 days now but am still suffering some irritation and the water blister runs above the scar. There has been no improvement of the swelling at all, what is the problem and who should I see?

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you have a lot of swelling of your eye lid at this point.

from your surgery

you need to use cold compresses on your eyes and cold gel packs

and you need more time after your surgery for your swelling to come down

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What is the cause of the water blister?

it can be from healing from your surgery

I don't see a water blister in the photo

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It is under the eyelid and cuts across the scar which is lower than it should be

that is a normal seroma fluid pocket from the act of the surgery and will take time to heal and reduce.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh nobody told me about that, I was just given steroids and it still irritates. Thank you

you are welcome

use cold compresses on your eye and cold gel packs if you can

to help decrease swelling

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You have to scroll up or down for the ratings area)
Make sure you are logged into your account so you can leave positive feedback.
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/?rpt=3800
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com