Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My partner has recently started to pass blood when

Hi, my partner has recently started to pass blood when defecating. What is this likely to be?
JA: What are all your partner's symptoms? Are they taking any medication?
Customer: They are not on any medication at the moment. They are experiencing normal bowel movements but are passing bright red blood when defecating.
JA: Got it. Have they seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in their medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.
Please ask your partner as though I am addressing him or her and get back to me with answers.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Is this bleeding mixed with stools or fresh blood?
3. Is this bleeding painless or with pain?
4. Has there been any unintentional weight loss in the past 3 months?
5. How is your appetite?
6. How frequently are you getting this bleeding?
7. Is there any history of constipation please?
8. Do you think this bleeding started after any unhygienic or street food?
9. Do you have an image of the blood stained stools?
10. Is there any personal or family history of hemorrhoids?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
Male - 27 Years Old2. Is this bleeding mixed with stools or fresh blood?
Fresh blood which is bright red3. Is this bleeding painless or with pain?
Painless4. Has there been any unintentional weight loss in the past 3 months?
No5. How is your appetite?
Normal6. How frequently are you getting this bleeding?
Every time I pass a stool7. Is there any history of constipation please?
Had constipation as a child but nothing since adulthood8. Do you think this bleeding started after any unhygienic or street food?
I don't think so9. Do you have an image of the blood stained stools?
No but there is enough blood to colour the toilet bowl red and it is bright red in colour.
If a photo is needed I can take one on the next bowel movement.10. Is there any personal or family history of hemorrhoids?
I believe mother has had hemorrhoids recently

Thank you for the information.

By what you say I feel that this could be a case of hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the rectum. They can cause itching, bleeding, and pain or without pain. Hemorrhoids are very common. In some cases, you can see or feel hemorrhoids around the outside of the rectum. In other cases, you cannot see them because they are hidden inside the rectum.

Hemorrhoids do not always cause symptoms. But when they do, symptoms can include:

●Itching of the skin around the anus

●Bleeding – Bleeding is usually painless. You might see bright red blood after using the toilet.

●Pain – Only if a blood clot forms inside a hemorrhoid, this can cause pain. Otherwise it is painless. It can also cause a lump that you might be able to feel.

The most important thing you can do is to keep from getting constipated. You should have a bowel movement at least a few times a week. When you have a bowel movement, you also should not have to push too much. Plus, your bowel movements should not be too hard.

Being constipated and having hard bowel movements can make hemorrhoids worse.

●Eat lots of fruits (especially papaya), vegetables, and other foods with fiber. Fiber helps to increase bowel movements.

Fiber supplements - These come in the form of powders, wafers, or pills. They include Psullium seed (sample brand names: Metamucil, Konsyl), Methylcellulose (sample brand name: Citrucel), Polycarbophil (sample brand name: FiberCon), and whaet dextrin (sample brand name: Benefiber).

●Take medicines called "stool softeners" such as Docusate sodium (sample brand names: Colace, Dulcolax). These medicines increase the number of bowel movements you have. They are safe to take and they can prevent problems later.

Some people feel better if they soak their buttocks in 2 or 3 inches of warm water. You can do this up to 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not add soap, bubble bath, or anything to the water.

Pain relief - Pramoxine rectal foam, ointment, or wipes (sample brand names: Proctofoam, Pramox).

Medicines to shrink hemorrhoids - Phenylephrine ointment or suppository (sample brand names: Preparation H, Rectacaine).

Numbing ointments -

Benzocaine rectal ointment (sample brand name: Americaine)

Dibucaine rectal ointment (sample brand name: Nupercainal)

Lidocaine rectal cream (sample brand name: RectiCare)

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you :-)