Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I'm not sure. I think my symptoms fit schitzoaffective

I'm not sure. I think my symptoms fit schitzoaffective disorder more than PTSD and I've been very unwell since March
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Hallucinations delusions paranoia mania depression
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Since March. Yes I was referred to psychiatrist I asked for med review therapy or respite was refused and discharged
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm a diagnostic challenge. Ptsd but not typical.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Why were you discharged from the psychiatrist? Here is some information about schizoaffective disorderA. An uninterrupted period of illness during which, at some time, there is either a Major Depressive Episode, a Manic Episode, or a Mixed Episode concurrent with symptoms that meet Criterion A for Schizophrenia.
Note: The Major Depressive Episode must include Criterion A1: depressed mood.B. During the same period of illness, there have been delusions or hallucinations for at least 2 weeks in the absence of prominent moodsymptoms.C. Symptoms that meet criteria for a mood episode are present for a substantial portion of the total duration of the active and residual periods of the illness.D. The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance(e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or a general medical condition.Specify type:
Bipolar Type: if the disturbance includes a Manic or a Mixed Episode (or a Manic or a Mixed Episode and Major Depressive Episodes)
Depressive Type: if the disturbance only includes Major Depressive EpisodesPlease reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
My symptoms fit schitzoaffective bit my diagnosis ptsd and they say my hallucinations are not psychosis but every thing I'm experiencing is identical to psychosis
Ok, you need help in person from a psychiatrist. And someone who can help treat the psychosis you say you are having. The actual diagnosis is less important
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I'm on maximum dose olanzapine for years but not working what do I do ?
You need to see a psychiatrist in person to treat your symptoms
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
They discharged and said I didn't need services. I don't think there's anything I can do
I see you are in the UK. You need to start with your GP and get a new referral.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok
Good luck
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for using UA