Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I’ve had an itchy scalp for a while now, I’m using a number

I’ve had an itchy scalp for a while now, I’m using a number of different steroid creams that don’t take away the itchy... and my hair is falling out rapidly and it now extremely thin. It also squeaks when wet
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I’ve been suffering with anxiety and stress a lot over the past year... when I’m stressed it makes my itch worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I’m aware of
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Have you had a biopsy or seen a dermatologist? Steroid cream will make your hair fall out.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I’ve seen my GP who looked and said it’s inflamed. Although I can’t see a dermatologist because I don’t have the money. My GP just gives me steroid creams which don’t seem to work, I’m currently using the most powerful one
Steroids will cause your hair to fall out. You can try a shampoo and alternate between two different kinds. Try to find Selsun Blue and alternate with a shampoo containing coal tar or ketoconazole. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.