Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I am having frequent headaches, I have had one almost

I am having frequent headaches, I have had one almost constantly for a week now. I’ve only taken pain medication a few times so it’s not that severe but it’s still there. It feels like face pain mostly - sides of my nose, spreading to cheeks and jaw, or sometimes on one side of my head and forehead. Also a slightly stiff/painful back of neck. No congestion or fever or anything else.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.
I can appreciate your concerns regarding this issue.

This appears to be Tension Headaches. These are caused due to tightness in the scalp muscles.

These are caused due to tightness in the scalp muscles.

For now, you can take these steps;

Painkillers like Advil or Motrin are the first line of treatment for tension heaches. You can get them OTC.

Reduce the tension in your scalp and neck. Apply warm compresses on the neck.

Use a hand held massager if you have one at home, and apply it to your neck and scalp.

Do some neck relaxing exercises, you can look up here for some exercises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXC60wUYiPI

If it persists you need to show your doctor. Besides painkillers like Advil, medicines like Amitryptiline and Carbamazepine are used for this, discuss about this.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
Please rate the answer 5 stars if you have been helped by the answer to show your acceptance. A bonus is always welcome!
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, all the pain around the nose though - is that typical for a tension headache?

Hi I was offline for some time.

Yes tension headaches can occur on the forehead and around the nose.