Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been tracking my heart rate variability and it is quite

Hi, I've been tracking my heart rate variability and it is quite below average. My lowest has been 23ms and highest 33ms. My average is around 28ms. I'm wondering if this is linked to health problems or depression/anxiety.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Not that I know of, although my late father had a pace maker. I'm 44 and I feel ok.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I wonder if it could be tied to emotional factors but the way I feel, I've felt for years. I could be unwell but don't seem to have other symptoms apart from tiredness but I've had that forever!

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

The standard way to measure heart rate is by beats per minute.

By converting your ms numbers to bpm will be about 200 t0 300 range

That is higher than normal below 100 provided your information is correct.

Such high heart rates can be caused by certain arrhythmias.

Best way to check is by a holter monitor or event monitor which allows to corrrelate fast heart beats with any symptoms experienced.

Yes emotional state is strongly related to heart rate.
Best wishes,
Please reply back if you need any further clarification.
It was my pleasure to help you today.