Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

Continuous headache/nerve pain issue, No nausea. Headache

Continuous headache/nerve pain issue
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No nausea. Headache has been for 8 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Can you please tell me more about the headache?

With that I can give you my thoughts

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The pain is dull and in the back of my skull. Like a pressure. The gp said it’s probably nerve pain as I’d had bad neck and shoulders a few weeks before from painting the ceiling and mentioned something about neuralgia. They told me if I developed a heavy/numb/weak sensation in my arms or legs to go to A&E. then on Friday my right arm started feeling heavy and weak. My gp advised me to go to A&E for an MRI as I could have a brain tumour which has unsettled me greatly. I went to A&E on Friday and they basically laughed me out the door. The dr examined me and said as I’m young, fit, my headache is only a 1-2 on pain scale, I have no balance or coordination issues, vomiting, confusion, seizures etc the issue is likely related to nerves. Yesterday I developed a temperature and general malaise /flu like sensations. I’ve been for a Covid test as wondering if that’s the answer for these odd symptoms? I’m hoping it is viral related and not something more serious

It could be a disk problem in your neck and I would get a cervical MRI to check for that

Doesn't sound like covid

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My neck doesn’t hurt at all anymore. I’m mostly concerned about the weakness in my right arm as my gp sent me to A&E over it. The dr there said I didn’t have enough markers to warrant an MRI

Any numbness in the arm?