DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Back ache, I have had it on and off for a while. It is also

Back ache
JA: How long have you had the backache? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I have had it on and off for a while. It is also in my breast bone. I do have bad posture and do feel it could be related to that
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the backache?
Customer: No, it has gotten worse since the pandemic and I did not want to see a GP. It is hurting pretty bad now, especially in my breast bone, so I was wondering which things could help
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on anti depressants and the daily pill

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

How old are you ?

Which pill and anti depressant you are taking ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi there! I am 18 and I am taking Citalopram 20mg
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have had bad posture for a while now, but over time it feels a lot worse. The pain is in my upper back as well as in my breast bone area. Very sore

Thanks for the details

You should take Paracetamol and apply Capsaicin cream on the back and chest

You should also apply heat pads on the painful area

Hopefully that will settle the pain

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, and next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-ehtisham/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Great! Just to settle my worries, where else can a person receive posture related pain?

Usually it can be in the back and also can be in the neck or shoulder too

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, please take a while to rate my service and next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What about slightly above the ribs? The pain is no where still as bad there, but definitely achey. I also feel the pain on and off. For example today when I was out I did not notice the pain so much but just now it came back pretty sharply. It almost feels bruised when I press around certain areas

Yes that ca also be the site but you need to have it examined to make sure it is posture related pain and nothing else

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry for lots of messages, but it also kind of cracks and pops in my back a lot. Does this mostly sound like postural problems? Is there any exercises I can do to help it?

You can try exercises for your back

That can include stretching of the spine