Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
75931320

I've been having pain in my left side recently, Over a week.

Customer Question

Hi I've been having pain in my left side recently
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Over a week. It feels like trapped gass but i can't get it to go away
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No not that i know of
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Dear customer

I am sorry to hear about your problem but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information and I will help you figure out a solution.

May I know your age and gender?

Do you have pain in the upper or middle, or lower area of the left abdomen?

Any diarrhea or vomiting?

(Please feel free to ignore any request for a phone conversation; the request is automated)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Im 21 and I am female.
About a week ago i had pains in my side and constipation i rang the doctors and they gave me laxatives and they took a while to work. The pain comes and goes from my upper middle abdomen to the upper left then down my left side. And I can hear and feel gass trapped there sometimes. And I have geen having constipation and diarrhea alot recently. And sometimes i feel weak from it.

Dear customer

Thank you for providing the details.

I am now preparing & typing my answer, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Dear customer,

Thank you for staying online,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I can understand how uncomfortable you may be feeling, but hopefully, we can resolve this.

The symptoms you have described of having abdominal pain and other symptoms can most likely be due to gastritis. It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach. It is caused by various causes like stress, social habits, chemicals, and infections, excessive use of Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs).

To get relief from this, the following treatment measures are recommended for you now:

-Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption (if you do so)

-Don't take fried, spicy, salty, chilly food items.

-Drink plenty of water & keep yourself hydrated

-Avoid late meals

– Lying down with a full stomach can make reflux worse. Try to plan meals for at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.

-You can take cap omeprazole (Prilosec) 20 mg empty stomach once a day.

-You can also take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

Both of these medications are available over the counter (OTC) without a prescription & should help you greatly.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the help

Dear customer,

It was my pleasure to assist you today.

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.

I wish you good health and get well soon.