Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
75931320

I posted a question the other day about my external

Hi i posted a question the other day about my external hemmarohoid. How long do they take to shrink, i am no longer experiencing any symptoms but the hemmarohoid still remains.

Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Dear customer

I am sorry to hear about your problem but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information and I will help you figure out a solution.

May I know your age and gender?

For how long you have the symptoms of hemorrhoids?

(Please feel free to ignore any request for a phone conversation; the request is automated)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dr Andrew, i have had haemorrhoids before however approx 1 month ago i did a strenuous charity weight carrying exercise which led to a hemmarohoid. It was itchy, quite sore etc, I treated with creams etc and after about 1-2 weeks all symptoms had gone but small squishy bump still remains. I have pics

Dear customer

Thank you for providing the details.

It may take a couple of months for the lump to go down completely.

The shrinking of hemorrhoids is a prolonged process, and it usually takes months to go away completely.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also age 34, Male.

Dear customer

Thank you for providing the details.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Dr Andrew you have been very helpful

Dear customer,

Thank you for the words of appreciation and for using the just answer website.

It was my pleasure to assist you today.

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.

I wish you good health and get well soon.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Andrew, just one more question in regards ***** ***** above. Is it possible for me to continue with my weight training regime now i don't have any symptoms other than just the external hemmarohoid. I ensure to eat a high fibre diet and breathe correctly. I just participate in a number of activities which require quite a strict regime and i cant be out for months if poss

Heavy weight lifting should be avoided, as this may aggravate the symptoms.

Once the hemorrhoidal tissue shrinks, then you can resume all your activities with heavyweights.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you for the opportunity to help, and I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Dr Andrew

You are very welcome! I am glad I was able to help.