Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been bleeding during sex, Yes it's my first time, my

Customer Question

Hey, I've been bleeding during sex
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes it's my first time, my health is okay, but I have just stopped taking oxycodone and herion after 6 years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I stopped having periods for a long time. I've been clean for about 100 days, only have 2 regular periods. I'm not pregnant, I took a test yesterday. And there's no pain during sex although I did think I was getting a UTI a few weeks ago
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Is this heavy bleeding?

Are you still bleeding?

Any pain?
Best wishes,
Please reply back if you need any further clarification.
It was my pleasure to help you today.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It's fairly light bleeding, it happened twice, a few days apart (approx 3 days). No bleeding in-between and no pain
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

Ok

This is likely due to gradual resumption of estrogen level and it can cause the fragility of the vaginal wall blood vessels.

Sexual activity can make them prone for bleeding.

I think you will soon start having period as well as the estrogen level stabilizes.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

I will also suggest you to get a cervical pap smear as well as screening for cervical cancer.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay, thank you. I have had a pap smear in the last year and had the cervical cancer jab. But during active addiction
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is it usually to get strange period timings after oppiod abuse?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

Yes it is common to have strange period timings after recovering from addiction.