Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

I have a problem I had lip filler done for the first time 2

Hi I have a problem I had lip filler done for the first time 2 weeks ago, I had them dissolved 4 days later due to very bad over swelling and pain in my lower lip. There was still some filler left after 5 days so I got it dissolved again because it was causing discomfort. But now after 5 days I’ve developed a soft lump on my bottom lip which is throbbing
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: its soft and hard, it’s kind of just a raised area?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (7V3Z1TG)

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

i can understand how worried you may be about it.

I will try to give you suggestions which help.

The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 5- 10 mins to type down my recommendations.

thanks

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thank you. I’m based in the United Kingdom and we are on full lockdown for 4 weeks so I will need to go to my doctors if there’s any issues
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry I can’t call

no worries at all, I am just typing the answer. thanks

hello

Thanks for your patience.

I can understand your concern. I reviewed the picture, it seems like a bruise. It appears to be slightly bluish in colour.

It may have happened due to the injections being given in the lip, its a common complaint after an injectable treatment. Though the bruise usually clears on its own, it would be best to treat it since it is throbbing.

I would recommend the following:-

1. Intake of vitamin C supplements(1000 mg daily) are very helpful in resolving a hematoma quickly.

Also for the inflammation, I would recommend the intake of Tab. Allegra 180 mg once a day for a week and Tab. tylenol once a day for a week. It will help to reduce the inflammation and the throbbing.

Also i would recommend the application of cortisone cream mixed with neosporin cream twice a day for 7 days, it will help to reduce the inflammation.

Thrombophob gel application also will be helpful in clearing the hematoma.

In case it doesn't start resolving in a day or two, it would be best to see your doctor, since you have throbbing and its best to seek treatment for it if the above measures do not help.

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you think it’s an infection?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.

It does not look like an infection at the moment. Just a bruise.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Could I send you another picture of it just because in person the raised area is not blue
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is it right now, it’s the raised area in the middle of my bottom lip
Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for the picture. will just review it and get back.

Thanks for your patience.

It looks more like an inflammatory swelling.

It does not look like an infection.

I would recommend the above measures, which should help to resolve it.

Please do not worry about it. In case it does not settle in a couple of days, then if required you can go to a doctor.

Take care

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Others have told me it could be build up of filler and Hyloronadise?

It really does not seem like a build up of filler and hyaluronidase. that would produce a more localized swelling . in your case, its a more diffuse swelling.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What do you mean by that?

I meant to say that it seems to be an inflammatory swelling, and should clear up soon.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay it’s just that it’s been 5 days and it’s the only thing that’s left that hasn’t gone down

I can understand your worry, I would suggest that you treat it as it may not go down by itself. It may take around a week for it to completely resolve.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
do you mean a week from treatment? Or should I just give it another two days as it’s been 5 days since I had them last dissolved

A week from treatment. You should give it 2 more days but at the same time treat it as just waiting may not really help.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome. Take care.

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern. I will be glad to assist you in case you have any queries.

Have a great day.

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi could you please assist me again as it’s still not gone down at. All
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is what it looks like at the moment

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest that you go to your doctor in that case since it has not gone down at all. Maybe a little appropriate massaging by the doctor of that area, will help, in case its a collection of the filler. But it still does not look like an infection.

Applying ice on it will help with any inflammation that might still be there.

Take care

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Could I have your opinion on this
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Pain on my bottom lip is subsiding with anti histemine right now, I’ve developed this irritation on the left side of my top lip, in the picture it’s rather faint you can’t see it maybe, but it’s tingling and feels a bit irritated.

thanks for your query. I would request you to post this new query in a new thread, according to site rules.

I will be happy to help. You could specifically request for me.

I could see the irritation on the left top lip. Thanks

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok