Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

Over the weekend i stabbed between my thumb and finger of my

Customer Question

over the weekend i stabbed between my thumb and finger of my left hand . The knife was appox. 6 ins blade length and straight. THEbleeding has almost stopped . how do I get help
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: my normal meds are, omerprazole, pregabalin.thiamine,rainit
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: these tablets are on prescripton , other tablets are paracetamol , codene and lactulose whichithink is ok
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 16 days ago.

Are you still bleeding now?

Any pain? Please post a picture of the stab wound.

Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 15 days ago.

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

If you are not bleeding heavily now and I hope you are not, the risk that you face is that of an infection.

If you have not take a tetanus toxoid injection in the last 5 years, you will also need a tetanus vaccine.

If there are signs of an infection, please apply Neosporin or triple Antibiotic ointment. Also take Motrin twice daily for 3 days.

If the stab wound is swollen or painful, please consult your doctor for an examination - you may need oral antibiotics.