Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have received a positive covid result and am struggling to

Customer Question

I have received a positive covid result and am struggling to eat anything due to a horrible lingering taste which means that everything makes me feel nauseous, can you suggest anything that could help.Also I am now experiencing diarrhoea, is it a good idea to take diarrhoea relief tablets.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not taking any medication or seen a doctor
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No. Just mild hayfever. Regular medications are thyroxine, statins and inhalers for copd
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was hospitalised with pnuemonia a couple of years ago. I am now an ex smoker
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Is your breathing okay?

What's the frequency of diarrhea? is there any blood in stools?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No blood. Just like water. My breathing is fine whilst i'm still but gget a bit breathless when I move around.
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

You can just take oral rehydration solutions for diarrhea. Keeping yourself hydrated and repletion of salts is the most important thing here. As far as bad taste and nausea is concerned it takes a couple of weeks to get better. You may take Tablet Peptobismol every 6 hours for 3 days. That should help with nausea. If you still do not feel better after 3 days then I suggest you get a prescription for Tablet Ondansetron 8 mg twice daily from your GP.