Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Would I be able to talk to a doctor about getting help with

Customer Question

Hi, would I be able to talk to a doctor about getting help with possible anxiety ?
JA: When did the anxiety start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I've had it for a few years but I have never spoke to a doctor about it before.
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: yes, I'm having allot of difficulty sleeping.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No that's everything.Customer: Chat is completed
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What exactly are your symptoms?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sometimes I feel really anxious about doing small things like going shopping or just going out in public that I actually don't end up going, I get really anxious at large social events especially if I don't have someone that I feel comfortable enough with and I'm struggling to sleep.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 17 days ago.

I can understand your concern.

Yes, these are all symptoms of anxiety and the current pandemic makes it worse.

I would suggest starting yoga, relaxation exercises, chamomile tea and try to overcome these fears, if not successful then see a doctor for anxiolytic prescriptions to get you through this anxiety.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.