Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

L have lost my since of smell and my taste isn't good since

Customer Question

Hello l have lost my since of smell and my taste isn't good since about 7 0r 8 months.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No not yet. I am on fluoxetine 20 mg since years
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergic to any medications l have ever taken. Just fluoxetine 1 twice daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have been really depressed and my anxiety is bad don't even what to answer the phone or the door.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

I can understand your anxiety.

Though it can be due to anxiety but a long-term use of fluoxetine can be the cause for your loss of smell and taste.

Another possibility is you might have contracted COVID sometime back and the loss of smell and taste can persist for months.

I would suggest seeing an ENT getting a thorough evaluation and to rule out anything concerning.

Nothing much to worry about.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.