Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I need to speak to someone regarding my mental health I

Customer Question

I need to speak to someone regarding my mental health I don't feel my medication is working
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take sertraline , and was on quitiapene but have stopped it due to weight gain .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder , but I think this is a wrong diagnosis , and more like border line personality disorder
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 20 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us this evening.

I am sorry to hear you feel your medication is not working. What dose of Sertraline are you currently taking? How long have you been on this for?

What other treatment are you using?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi I am on a 100 mg a day , I have been on maximum dose of 200mg before , I been on sertraline for around 10years now , I have also been on quitiapene but found the weight gain really bad so I stopped them , I have also tried mertazapine which I had a reaction too and was told to stop it . I just feel the sertraline has any effect any more .

Okay thanks. So as a general rule, medication is of no benefit in Personality disorder, unless you are anxious or depressed.

Therefore the preferred treatment options are Psychological, more appropriately high intensity CBT. What symptoms are you trying to address?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Depression and anxiety
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have done a lot of CBT and always doing mindfulness but am still struggling

Okay thanks. That is good. Therefore it would be worth trying an alternative SSRI. Such as Escitalopram, you can switch straight over to these once you are back to a 50mg dose. If however this is of no help, then you could consider Pregabalin as it is much better for anxiety alone.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
please how do I go about getting a prescription for both ?

This would need to be either via your GP or a Private Psychiatrist.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok can I not receive a prescription from yourselves ?

No sorry, this website is an advise and guidance service only