Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have severe inflammation around around the last molar on

Customer Question

Hi there. I have severe inflammation around around the last molar on the bottom right of my secondary teeth i thought I had something stuck I arounf
JA: Has the inflammation been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: around the molar so cleaned it aggressively but now have an infected gum
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the inflammation? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one day. Very sore now and severe ache. Probably bacterial infection?
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Can you please share a picture of that area here? For how long you have this and what have you tried?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Difficult to do as it is my secondary bottom left mola -wisdom tooth
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Ok what is your question about this problem?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Would you recommend a course of antibiotics from this type of infection? Or just ‘wait it out’
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from the real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. Yes, this is more likely to be a bacterial infection, and yes I do recommend antibiotics like penicillin. Use over the counter available Listerine mouth wash as well. I reassure you being an oral surgeon that there is nothing serious behind this.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800