Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Been 6 days since I got a 2nd dose of hyloronadase in my

Been 6 days since I got a 2nd dose of hyloronadase in my lips. I have had constant swelling on my bottom lip (a lump but is soft but prominent) and doesn’t go down with any anti histamine or anti inflammatorys and awful throbbing pain and swelling down to my gum since then. I had the filler for 3 weeks (1ml revolax) then got them dissolved 5 days after due to over swelling (no problem with my lips occurred after the first round of dissolving, they recovered fine), then 5 days after that I had them dissolved for a second time, and this is where my problems have occurred. I have been in a&e all week trying to get answers and something to treat it as it’s so painful. But instead I’ve been told to wait it out for another week or two as it could be excess trauma to my lips as I’ve had all this done in such a short period of time. I’m just looking for your opinion and what I should do as I really can’t deal with this anymore I can’t eat and I can’t sleep or talk. The doctor today said I probably had an allergic reaction to the filler but it just doesn’t make sense. Here’s some pictures. Thanks (1st picture is from the day I got the filler done, second picture is from what it looks like today, 3rd pic is what it looked like after my 1st round of hyloronadase, and 4th pic is the reaction I had after the 2nd round of hyloronadase which did go down)
Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us today.I am sorry to hear guy have experienced this. With trains to the lips, swelling can take a few weeks to settle, therefore it is still early to judge what is happening. I would suggest you see what happens over the rest of the week.Has this been reviewed by the injecting doctor?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
an injector came round to check my lips and said there’s no filler left in my lips and said it’ll take a few days for the swelling to go oden
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Multiple doctors have looked at it and said that it’s swelling due to excess trauma
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’m just scared hahah
I understand. This is a risk with this procedure. However I think they are right and that the swelling will settle
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Could you explain what you mean by a risk?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There’s no filler left
In my lips so I’m not understanding what it could be
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it’s only in one place on my lips and not
On the top lip at
All
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Should i give it another week?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.

By risk I mean that swelling is a common risk associated with this procedure. By having further injections to remove the filler/dissolve the filler, it is further trauma which can cause more swelling. The lips common swell very easily due to the nature of the soft tissue in these areas.

So please do not worry, allow a little longer to see how it goes.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve developed this irritation on the left side of my top lip, in the picture it’s rather faint you can’t see it maybe, but it’s tingling and feels a bit irritated.

Hello - I believe we are not talking on a different question and this came back up. Please could you kindly close this to help avoid us jumping from one question to another. thanks