the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

Had 1ml lip filler 3 weeks ago, had them dissolved 5 days

Had 1ml lip filler 3 weeks ago, had them dissolved 5 days later due to over swelling and pain on bottom lip. Had to get them dissolved a second time 5 days after that due to filler still being present. Now 6 days later I have a lump on my bottom lip which is causing swelling and awful throbbing pain, my gum is all swollen on my bottom lip as well and I really don’t know what to do. Doctors are telling me it’s trauma and to wait 2 weeks but I’m really scared. Please help. This is a picture of it right now

Hello. I'mCustomer licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

I agree with your doctor

100%

I'm very sorry about this

but I think it is just trauma.

I would try to put a cold pack on it to help.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I’ve tried an ice pack doesn’t help

maybe ibuprofen would help

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Nothing seems to be relieving the pain or swelling

It is still very early though.
It might just be time.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I guess I’ll give it
Another
Week

I'm sorry you are suffering :(

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I’ve developed this irritation on the left side of my top lip, in the picture it’s rather faint you can’t see it maybe, but it’s tingling and feels a bit irritated.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I’m also taking anti histemine snow for the swelling oh my lower lip and the pain and they are working thank god. Will they help with the recovery process?

Yes they will help

absolutely

that tells me it might be an allergy though

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok so they should heal then?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
As there’s nothing in my lips now apart from the dissolved which is dissolving my lips and my gum and will continue for 2 weeks they said
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is that ok?

yes that is ok

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok so they should improve? I told my clinician about the spot on my gum and on the side of my gum and she said it’s all the healing process. The anti histamines are really helping the pain and throbbing etc. Just need the reasurrence as I have a little pain on my right gum inside now

yes they will improve

I'm 100% sure of it

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
But I think it might be because I’m having to over pronounce my words and I might’ve bit my gum

Oh ok.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I shouldn’t worry about it?

No not at all

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is it ok to put bonjela on my gum

yes that is fine

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
When should that go down?

within 1-2 weeks

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks

you are very welcome :)

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Just checking, I shouldn’t put any lip products on my lips apart from Vaseline till they’re back to normal right

correct