Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Wasnt feeling right on Monday. Tummy sensations and Nausea

Wasnt feeling right on Monday. Tummy sensations and Nausea coming and going. Upset tummy but no ache 4 times to loo between 11.30-2pm one was diarrhoea others were mostly solid little bit loose. Not hungry. Only had a cookie and two cups black tea and wasnt feeling right after that but couldn't explain how. 1.15pm banana. 1-5pm had approx 4 glasses water.
Weeing a lot and wee was clear so held off. Nausea wearing off since 5 ish.
5.45 got dull ache between belly button and breastbone but wore off after an hour.
Been eating and drinking ok since then.
Been a bit stressed and depressed and anxious lately and suffer from ibs and digestion issues.
Keep having sensations in tummy and nausea but don’t no why.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I understand your concern.

This could be either a common food poisoning or viral diarrhea or it could be irritable bowel syndrome aggravation.

Once it starts it will take 4 to 5 days to completely get better.

Unless you are having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.

There is no need to use antibiotics unless there is blood in the motion. Antibiotics might worsen if unnecessarily used causing antibiotic associated diarrhoea.

I suggest you use zinc supplements (elemental zinc 20 mg once daily for 14 days) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use tablet Ondansetron (as prescribed by your physician).

Regarding diet - Avoid fruit juices as they might aggravate diarrhea.

But you can take fruits as such as they contain fibre and help in formed stools. You can take zinc supplements & ORS apart from normal vegetarian porridges & soups.

Most crucial part is keeping yourself well hydrated. Make sure you pass urine at least 6th hourly once.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I did not have a lot of diarrhoea and it was only once the rest was fine and has been today. I havent vomited (thank god-pet hate). I get butterflies in my tummy every day late afternoon which I cannot relate to. I don't feel stressed when this happens. I have been under a bit of stress lately so maybe it is just my IBS flaring up so wish I can pin point it. I am 46 and have been taking Cerelle for many years now. On top of this I take regularly Vitamin D and a Peppermint Oil Capsule for my digestion.

I think you are doing right - and with this new information I feel that it is mostly aggravation of IBS please.

It will pass - keep yourself well hydrated.