Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have had problems with my intestines, for the last 6

I have had problems with my intestines, for the last 6 weeks, firs a feeling of constant bloating, I have taken over 3 days 300mg per day of fluconozole, which helped the bloating and eased my problem, I then Took buscopan as my insides felt as if they had gone into spasm, all the time I have felt very tired and nauseous , about level with my left hip about 3inches towards the middle of my body I have a stabbing pain it also feels as if it is burning, I took omeperazole for 2 days and the pain eased, ? I feel if I had a cork I could pull out of my belly air would rush out,
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: just as above , the pain in my side about 3 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had breast cancer and worry it could be bowl cancer as father has had bowl cancer, I also have a prolapsed bowl

Hi, thanks for your query

so 6 weeks of constant bloating, tired, nausea, and left sided pain

Hx of breast ca and prolapsed bowel

Can I ask your age and male or female?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

61 female

Your symptoms are non-specific and could be due to any number of reasons

I'll recommend you have further tests done

You'll need workup such as pelvic ultrasound and CA125 blood test to check the ovaries and exclude ovarian cysts or cancer

You might need colonscopy to exclude bowel cancer in view of family history and you're over the age of 60

Medication like omeprazole can relieve symptoms but only if associated with indigestion

You mentioned you take fluconazole which is antifungal medication

Bloating can also be due to bacteria such as Helicobacter Pylori diagnosed by stool tests or endoscopy

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have had a full hysterectomy, and also my doctor will only do telephone appointment she has given me a firm for blood test but I can't be seen till 30th november

So you had your ovaries taken out then with the hysterectomy

So that means its definitely bowel related, blood tests will be to check coeliac screen and inflammatory markers

You'll need stool test called a FIT test to check for risk of colon cancer also

But you'll still need a colonoscopy regardless of results

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** try and get an appointment with my Dr, and will pass on your information, thank you so much for your help,

.what should I do if my Dr won't see me

Good question, your Dr does not have to see you in person to arrange further tests

All he has to do is based on your symptoms, order the tests as urgent and then you wait to recieve appointment details

if needed, your Dr can do a video consultation

Your Dr can however see you in person if you need a abdominal examination and you do not have any covid symptoms like fever, cough etc

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Ok thank you for your help, you have been very helpful,

And it is very much appreciated,

Stay safe kind regards Briony