How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Osula Your Own Question
Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 732
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Anthony Osula is online now

I have lots of problems since coming off Gabaprendine in

This answer was rated:

I have lots of problems since coming off Gabaprendine in late June most have gone but I have noticed I have a lump in my back passage and it is worrying me. I feel ok but am getting worried
JA: Have you used any medication for the lump?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the lump?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have leg problems since 2017 had injection in back for scacatia but it failed and now can only walk with frame -back sensor and split tendon in right foot

Thanks for your query

When did you notice the lump? it is sore?

Any issues with your stools?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not sore. Not really with stools but have had diarrhoe a bit but that is something I have had off and on for years

is it just one lump or several lumps,

are you able to take a picture or look at it in a mirror and describe otherwise?

Anthony Osula and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no i am disabled
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please call on my house phone as I am no good with mobile***********

Lump in back passage is likely due to Haemorrhoids or prolapse

However, you'll need examination to confirm which one is which

A prolapse can be due to bladder or rectum pushing out as a result of the weakness of the pelvic wall

As you've had pregnancy in the past, this is a risk factor later with age

You can do pelvic exercises to strengthen the wall and in some cases you're referred to a pelvic exercise clinic

However if the prolapse is big , you're then seen by a specialist as surgical intervention might be needed

prolapse can also cause the urinary symptoms that you mention

Your GP would not refuse you once you mention the possibility of prolapse