Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have just had some abnormal results back could you help

I have just had some abnormal results back could you help understand them
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not about results
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

May I know your age please? Do you have any chronic health condition?

Can you please share the lab reports?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Could you please run your eye over my report from the ultrasound and explain if this is mild or more serious

You can upload the report here. Thanks.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a ggt level of 311 I have stopped all alcohol use for last 2 weeks in light of blood test
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (GLSM43V)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (TL5S75Q)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m 37 years old normal weight 13 st current weight 15.6 stone 1 year of heavier then normal drinking habit

Thank you for sharing the report. You do have Fatty liver disease but the good thing is that it's reversible. Stopping alcohol was the first step and in addition you'll need to lose 10 percent of your body weight. Make sure you eat green and healthy with restricted carbohydrates.

If you can do that then in around 6 months your liver enzymes and fatty infiltration of the liver can reverse and you can live a pretty normal life.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Does vaping nicotine have a harmful effect on fatty liver
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry also is this caused by eating bad carbs of is this likely to be from alcohol abuse

Excess calories and alcohol can both cause damage to liver. Vaping nicotine doesn't have a direct adverse effect on fatty liver but its always recommended to follow healthy lifestyle and that involves avoiding nicotine and smoking of all sorts. You may use nicotine gums for few weeks just to avoid withdrawl symptoms.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much for your insight I suffer with anxiety so it’s very helpful to hear it’s in my hands. Much appreciated

You're most welcome. I hope you stay well.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

:)