M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

Second opinion] I have depression and anxiety I’m on

second opinion] Hello I have depression and anxiety I’m on fluoxetine 40 mg and I’m doing a degree and I’m finding it very difficult to sleep especially when I’m exhausted ,
I’ve been on fluoxetine before I was on 60 mg and took myself off it at the beginning of the first lock down and they put me back on it at 20mg and put my dose up 2 weeks ago I don’t know what to do

Hi, welcome to Just Answer.

I'm Dr. Javid, and I'll assist you today.

I can understand that this can be distressing.

Please ignore any phone call requests, I am not sending them.

I will answer you momentarily.

I would suggest you try drinking Chamomile tea at night to start with and see if it helps.

You can also check with your Dr. if you can use melatonin or a short-acting benzodiazepine like alprazolam (Xanax).

Since there are potential interactions and problems with anti-depressives like fluoxetine if you use these, you can discuss these options with your Dr, but don't try them on your own.

I hope this helps?

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about this.