Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

For the past 2weeks or so i have had like a stinging pain

For the past 2weeks or so i have had like a stinging pain about 5inches to the left of my belly button and was wondering if it is an
JA: Have you used any medication for stinging?
Customer: No nothing
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about stinging?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had back surgery 3times and my last treatment was a spinal blockage injection about 12months ago
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Are you having any lower abdominal or left lower quadrant pain?
3. The nature of pain in the left lower quadrant - is it - sharp stabbing/ burning/ gripping?
4. Is there any fever?
5. Is there any nausea or vomiting?
6. Is there any change in bowel habits after this pain started?
7. Can you press there and tell me if there is any mass or tenderness?
8. Are you having any urinary symptoms like pain or burning sensation or has there been any past or family history of kidney stones please?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I am 65 year old male the pain is like stinging.No fever.no sickness or vomiting.since my injection i am not very regular opening my bowels.i can press but doesn't hurt much at all.no problem passing water but i do take medication for enlarged prostate gland
Please hold on.

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that we need to consider the possibility of Diverticulitis here.

I will explain you further so that you can be well informed before your next consultation please.

Diverticulitis is a disorder that can cause belly pain, fever, and problems with bowel movements including recent change in bowel habits.

The colon sometimes has small pouches called diverticula in its walls and are usually asymptomatic. Sometimes there can be a tear or a microperforation casing the above said symptoms.

The most common symptom of diverticulitis is pain, which is usually in the lower part of abdomen and other symptoms could be fever/ constipation / diarrhea/ nausea and vomiting.

You may expect your doctor to order either a CT scan or an ultrasound.

Management depends on symptoms. If they are mild antibiotics are enough. You may be advised to go on a clear liquid diet for a short time. That might be all the treatment you need.

But if you have severe symptoms, or if you get a fever, you might need to stay in the hospital. There, you can get fluids and intravenous antibiotics. That way you can stop eating and drinking until you get better.

In very bad cases, people need surgery to remove the part of the colon that is affected.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your help