RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I had lip fillers 3 weeks ago but had all the lip filler

I had lip fillers 3 weeks ago but had all the lip filler removed twice with hyloronadase in a very short period of time. I had horrible swelling on my bottom lip and a lump which is only just starting to relax with anti histamine. It’s been 8 days since my last hyloronadase injection and this is starting to form on my left side of my top lip. It looks irritated but isn’t swollen but now I’ve developed this on it. My clinician says it’s normal but ive been taking anti histamines etc. What should I do and should I be worried?

My name is***** a licensed and practicing doctor.

I am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can help you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

When you have fillers they can swell up due to fluid retention.. What you are experiencing is a normal reaction. Anti histamines will not assist in this matter. It is a matter of time that the swelling will go down. You can try ice packs and contact the service that injected the filler for you.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I had lip filler 3 weeks ago but had it fully dissolved twice in a short space of time. Since my second dissolving 8 days ago, I’ve developed a lump on my bottom lip which was throbbing and swollen and causing me a lot of pain but this seems to have relaxed with anti histamines etc. But this has started to develop on my left hand side of my top lip since yesterday. There’s nothing in my lips apart from the dissolver so I don’t know what this is?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What should I use in the mean time? My top lip isn’t swollen at all. I’m just asking about the thing that has appeared on my top lip. I don’t have any filer left in my lips just the hyloronadase from the dissolved

There appear to be a few marks around the upper lip..which one are you asking about?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The mark on the upper lip
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the irritation above it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
On the left hand side ofcit
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

is the mark itchy at all

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
A little I just feel like it’s tingly

The picture is not clear. This could either be a dermatitis or the start of a cold sore

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What do you mean by a dermatitis?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s looking like this at the moment.. so I’m not sure?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It just feels like there’s a spot forming there

as a spot is is most likely to be a cold sore... you can try zovirax over the counter from a pharmacy

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Should I only put that on it if it gets worse?

You should buy zovirax and use this first