Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I had lip filler 3 weeks ago and had them dissolved 5 days

I had lip filler 3 weeks ago and had them dissolved 5 days later due to over swelling and pain on my bottom lip, had to have them dissolved 5 days after that again due to filler still being in some places. Since then I’ve developed a lump and swelling on my bottom lip (it’s been 8 days since I last had any hyloronadase in my lips) and it was throbbing for days but for 2 days. Now it has been fine as I’m managing it with anti histamines. This irritation has occurred on my top lip on the left hand side. It started yesterday but it isn’t swollen. I’m being told that it could be an allergic reaction but to what? Will it go down? Should I ask my doctor for steroids? My clinician says it’s all due to trauma and should heal in 1-2 weeks but I’m confused about this. Thanks
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician. Happy to assist you. Give me a few minutes to respond. Disregard a phone call request if you get one.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks
I don’t think it’s an allergic reaction. You can apply ice intermittently but it will take time to resolve. I don’t see the need dor steroids now.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok. It seems to have turned into this right now.. it’s still a bit tingly but it’s right by the injection site so I’m guessing it’s just irritated ? And I think I’ll apply a cold compress instead to stimulate blood flow etc
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I think it’s local irritation. Try ice and give it more time.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will do as it only came up yesterday and just seems to be calming down. I felt it a bit and at the top it feels like a bit of a spot is forming
Give it time.