How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 52236
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I am not sure if I have an UTI or an STI I have a slight

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am not sure if I have an UTI or an STI I have a slight burn when I pee and also split pee it goes 2 directions The doctor I went to last time said my immune system isn’t that good, I rarely drink water but have started to the last day
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven’t seen a doctor yet because they are booked up i had a small bump on my groin on the left for a few days but it had gone after a few days i got a small pea size one now on my right on the upper side of my groin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really I used to have to lumps in the arm pit which would come and go but it’s the first time having it in the groin
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: I had the lump on the left last week and was hurting for few days but now it’s gone then I checked yday and I have one now on the right it’s soft moves around if I press on it

What are your age and gender?

Since when are your symptoms?

What are the investigations and treatments done?

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
22 and male

Thanks for talking on the phone.

As discussed you may wait till the weekend. If the symptoms do not resolve, you may need an STD screeening.

Past history or family history of passing stones may also cause these symptoms.

A urinary tract infection, as a rule, warrants a urine culture for evaluation (with a routine urine analysis). A urine culture test substantiates the infection, gives you the best antibiotic to treat and eradicate the infection, and prevent its recurrence.

Treating a UTI without a culture test is like going into the sea without navigation help.

You may go to your GP or to a walk-in clinic for the urine culture to properly manage it.

Following measures would be helpful, meanwhile;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

4) Azo/Pyridium for urinary burning/pain (it is without the prescription and is a urinary analgesic).