Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I've had a mole come about in the last 6 months which has

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I've had a mole come about in the last 6 months which has slowly gotten bigger over time. My GP has said it looks normal both times I've sent pictures for them to inspect but I have a feeling it may not be normal. It is raised, slightly blackened on one side and measures around 5mm by 3mm Only yesterday I've started having strange sensations in my groin lymph nodes on the side close to where the mole is
JA: When did the mole first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I first noticed early on in the year where it was quite small, but then it caught my attention more as it began getting bigger around April/May onwards
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the mole?
Customer: I've recently been putting tea tree oil on it, but that's all
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I have a appointment on the 25th (finally referred by my GP) but thats only a video callCustomer: Chat is completed

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Can you please share a picture of that?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay going to take one and upload now, hold on ...

Sure. No problem.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (P74ZQGT)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Here it is

Thank you for sharing the picture.

Are you sure it's increasing in size?

Does it look similar to the other moles on your body?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It seems to have slowed in the last few months in terms of growing, but it did definitely grow from the beginning of the year to around April/May (Midst of Lockdown)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I hardly have any other moles on mt body. Lentines on my privates yes, but no moles on my body
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
if i do they definitely don't look like that one

The size and symmetry is fine but I can see two color shades there and if it's also growing then it definitely needs to be evaluated. A biopsy might be indicated in this case.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay, I think the slowing may have stopped but I'm not sure. So you'd advise a biopsy at this point?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
growing not slowing

Yes I do. The chances of melanoma are low overall but it's important to say safe and rule that out especially if this mole doesn't look like other moles on your body.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay thank you very much for your time and advice.

You're most welcome.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Last question I have, I forgot to mention I deal with severe bouts of eczema from time to time, can moles and eczema be related? Also experiencing recurring alopecia aerate as well.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Currently experiencing eczema, alopecia and this mole simultaneously
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
alopecia areata

Eczema can cause some hyperpigmentation but not a mole like this. I don't believe its related to Alopecia and eczema.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay thanks.

My pleasure.