How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 31272
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have some sores in around my groin/close to my vagina. I’m

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have some sores in around my groin/close to my vagina. I’m really worried it might be herpes.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My health has been good. A blister popped up on the inside of my groin/buttock a few days ago, but then it went from 1 blister to about 4-5 blisters. And now they’ve all popped and they look like sores now.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I know that I have HSV1 but this is oral herpes that I have had since a child.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Painful blisters can be either herpes infection or bacterial infection.

Are you able to post a pic?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have a few photos from the last few days, I will attach.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (S2M47Q4)

They do look like genital herpes.

You should start on treatment with Valacyclovir 1gram 3 times daily for 7 days.

You are contagious now for about 2 weeks.

Please avoid sexual intercourse now.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Does this mean I must of been infected recently?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
If I already know I have HSV1, is it more likely that this is HSV2?

Yes likely you may have been infected recently.

HSV1 also can cause genital sores.

But you need a confirmation with a sore secretion viral culture or PCR testing.

Dr Basu and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you