Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I have suffered from what I would describe as IBS for the

I have suffered from what I would describe as IBS for the past 2 years. I experience bouts of diarrhoea that can last from 1 day to 3-4 days at least once a week - symptoms include bowel incontinence, regular urgency to go to the bathroom, minor abdominal discomfort, undigested food in stool (more than normal, relative to my history), often air "bubbles" in my stool.
JA: Have you used any medication for IBS?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about IBS?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

And please ignore any phone requests, these are generated automatically by Just Answer beyond my control.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi there,Thank you, ***** *****'t actually give me phone number so that's great!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry, My name is*****

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you.

How old are you?

WHat have you tried as of now?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** through it but over the past year it has started seriously effecting my life - e.g. I cannot confidently make a long car journey due to the incontinence issues.I am 27 years old. About 2 years ago I started eating a large amount of high-fat foods, KFC for example. This was causing me to go to the bathroom almost immediately (5 minutes max after finishing the meal), I have cut out high-fat foods from my diet, and this has had little effect.I have also tried increasing my fibre intake to no avail.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's also worth noting that I went vegan for around 2 years, within 6 months of coming off of that diet, this all started
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Forgot to mention that initially ^

I am so sorry that you are doing this. Are you vegan at this moment?

Are you on any medication at this point?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No not vegan any more. I definitely have a balanced diet, e.g. lots of vegetables, meat in moderation - I do however drink a lot of "soda", coca-cola for example, this can be from 330ml to 750ml per day. I have cut the soda out before, this lasted around 2 weeks and my symptoms remained the same
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ahh sorry, no not on any medication

IBS is usually all about diet, it takes constant effor to decrease the flare ups of IBS. I would advise you to read literature on IBS. Secondly there are always medications like mebeverine or amitryptiline that can decrease the flare ups of IBS.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have read much literature r.e. IBS, I read about this subject extensively, almost every night ha ha!I suppose how i'd like to leave this is - My concern is that I have an underlying health condition which is causing this, in your opinion (just an opinion), are there any major symptoms/progressions that I should be looking out for, which would point to this not being "IBS"?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That is my last question ^ I will rate you the 5 stars after this, regardless of your answer, just so you know

For your age, and your symptoms, I don't think there is any underlying causing this. It is likely to be IBS, nothing else

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK - thank you very much for sharing your experience with me Dr. Naz. I appreciate it, and wish you a good day/evening! Take care. Thanks, Lee

You are welcome.