Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

My lips have had a lot of trauma over the last 3 weeks, from

My lips have had a lot of trauma over the last 3 weeks, from having lip filler for the first time, then having it dissolved 5 days later and then getting it dissolved again after another 5-6 days. Now they are slowly recovering (I think), but my bottom lip is still swollen and is showing the full brunt of the trauma at the moment. There’s still some dissolver left in there because I did all the dissolving in such a tiny period of time. I’m just wondering if my gums are healing as I have painless spots on the top right side of my gum on the inside under my top lip, and the same under my bottom lip which is the one which is swollen and irritated from all the trauma the most. They’re painless but I’m wondering if this could be the healing? The pain has finally started to subside (it’s been 8 days since I last had the dissolver) and they’re just tingling at the moment. I took anti histamines and continue to take them along with ibuprofen / paracetamol when necessary which seems to help. Could you possibly offer some assistance/explanation ? Thanks

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

And please ignore any phone requests, these are generated automatically by Just Answer beyond my control.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

I am so sorry that you are going throug this. Can you send me a photo of your lips please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is what it looks like at the moment. My lips are going through a lot of trauma and should be ok in about 1-2 weeks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m just mainly asking about my gums
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As the hyloronadase lip dissolver went through my gums obviously as too much was used in a short period of time
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The bottom gum where the most swelling on my bottom lip is has the most swelling, and has around 2-3 small painless spots on them. And my top gum where my top lip is on the right hand hand side has the new painless spot on it
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just want to know what they are
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

This is secondary to local inflammation after lip filler. Best thing is that it doesn't look infected. I would advise continue observing this.

There is nothing to worry about. If it get's really painful, than i think it is likely infection, than you would need antibiotics for that.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeah I don’t have any more pain, just tingling around my lips which is the trauma. What do you mean by keep observing it?

Just observe swelling that it doesn't get too red or any skin changes or really painful.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
if the spots become painful then I should tell my doctor and they’ll give me antibiotics? And how long until I start seeing a difference? I’m using corsdyl mouthwash and got a brand new toothbrush. Avoiding any hot food and salty / overpowering food etc
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Skin changes?

Any redness, darkness.

Yes they will give you antibiotics. It will take a week or so to manage this.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
These are the best pictures I can get of the spots etc
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ll send a picture of what my lips look like right now. And no I don’t have any excess redness. Just a raised swelling area which is just filled with the lip dissolved which will take around 2 weeks to dissolve
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My doctor also gave me a mild steroid cream for the irritation on my lips and the inflammation. Will that help?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That’s what they’re looking like right now
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is that ok?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Yes steroid cream will help. You can use that. I have reviewed the pictures as well.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay. The pain from my bottom lip has been gone for around 2 days , it just feels tingly around my lips especially at the top left of my lip and underneath at the bottom and is irritated so should I not call my doctor and ask for anti biotics?

Not as of now. It doesn't look infected.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok and the tingly feeling/itchy feeling. I have around my lips, does it sound like a reaction to you?

NO, it is normal response to the filler.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok but it’s been 3 weeks since I had the filler and it’s out
Of my lips now fully?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Could it be a reaction to how much hyloronadase I had and the trauma

Yes, it is a foreign substance. It doesn't look infected on the photos. If you are still worried, I would advise a visit to GP and get physical examination done.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok that makes sense. I think I might just to be sure so thank you for your help