Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I suffer migraines and thunder clap headaches. I had mri

Hi. I suffer migraines and thunder clap headaches. I had mri last year for tinnitus would this have looked at the brain as whole or just cause of tinnitus? My migraines have become debilitating and more regular. With other symptoms. I am aware that anxiety can make them worse but after speaking to psychologist she believes its external triggers. Could head injuries years ago play apart and would they be picked up on mri for tinnitus?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Pain more intense lasts longer or short stabbing. Dizziness, slurred speech during and after attack. Weakness pins and needles arm and neck pain. Unsteady walking
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 4/5 months always suffered migraines. Have eptopic heart rate

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Sorry to know that .

An MRI picks up anything on the brain . So there is no structural cause of your Migraines , which is reassuring .

In vast majority of the cases , migraines have no underlying cause which can be detected . There are triggers that one may spot .

Treatment needs titration from less potent towards more potent medications . Even combination of these medications may be required in some cases.

Would be best if you see a Neurologist for this .

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thankyou. Just dont understand why suddenky so frequent and different. Its really affecting my daily life. Where as used to be 1 a month

It can happen with Migraines . Can be unpredictable and variable in frequency and presentations .

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Se if you can spot any possible triggers and try to avoid those .

Wish you all the best .

Take care