Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
75931320

I have had spotting the past week, which is not normal for

Customer Question

Hi, i have had spotting the past week, which is not normal for me at all, also had pain in my lower abdomen that woke me out of my sleep last week but have not had that since
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: i only had the pain twice which lasted no longer than 10/15 minutes and it then passes on its own. The spotting had me more concerned as it seemed to be quite fresh and heavy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my mother passed away from breast cancer 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Dear customer

I am sorry to hear about your problem but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information and I will help you figure out a solution.

May I know your age?

Do you have irregularity in your periods?

What is the date of the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP)?

(Please feel free to ignore any request for a phone conversation; the request is automated)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am 27 my periods are always very regular my period this month was slightly late but only by a few days. It started on 4th of november and ended the 11th!

Dear customer

Thank you for providing the details.

I am now preparing and typing my answer, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Dear customer,

Thank you for staying online,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I can understand how uncomfortable you may be feeling, but hopefully, we can resolve this.

The symptoms you have described having spotting and pain in the lower abdomen can be various.

The most common causes are- stress, being overweight or underweight, imbalance of hormones, polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance, uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection. You may also need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries, and the fallopian tubes.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then treat it accordingly.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask.