Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
75931320

I am having problems with my anus. It is constantly itching

Customer Question

Hi I am having problems with my anus. It is constantly itching Also, when I use the toilet after wiping a few times there is fresh red blood.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: 2 weeks, I purchased some germoloids which eases the issue until after I use the toilet Also have itching on my armpits which have cause them to become discoloured
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Dear customer

I am sorry to hear about your problem but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information and I will help you figure out a solution.

May I know your age and gender?

Do you have a history of constipation?

Any pain while passing the stool?

(Please feel free to ignore any request for a phone conversation; the request is automated)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
25 years old,no history of constipation
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No pain when passing stool

Dear customer

Thank you for providing the details.

I am now preparing and typing my answer, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Dear customer,

Thank you for staying online,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I can understand how uncomfortable you may be feeling, but hopefully, we can resolve this.

The symptoms you have described of having constant itching in the anus and fresh red-colored blood on wiping can be most likely suggestive of a condition called hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum. Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids.

For confirmation, you need:

-Rectal examination
-Anoscopy
-Stool examination

The following treatment measures are recommended for you now:

- You can apply cream called preparation H.. It works as a topical anesthetic, vasoconstrictor, and skin protectant. It shrinks the hemorrhoidal tissue. You can get it at your pharmacy without a prescription.

- You need to increase the number of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.

-You can have a sitz bath to soak your anal area in plain warm water for 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.

-Avoid straining to pass the stools.

All of this should help you greatly.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this condition, and it is treatable with medications accordingly.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank u very much

You are very welcome! I am glad I was able to help.

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.

I wish you good health and get well soon.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will talk to my gp and take your advice with eating more fruit and vegetables

Dear customer,

Thank you for using the just answer website.

It was my pleasure to assist you today.