the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I am suffering with bad keratosis Pilaris, I am exfoliating,

Hello, I am suffering with bad keratosis Pilaris, I am exfoliating, and using a salicylic acid wash and moisturiser and have been for over nearly 2 months now.. But it has got significantly worse. Really red, and horrible and I don’t know where else to turn now. Nothing is working for me. (I am also from the uk in terms of products available to me)

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

I would try differin gel

you can buy it online

it will help

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you. I live in the uk can I still get it?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
also, how would you recommend I use it after a shower, should I moisturise before or after it?

yes you should be able to get it online

after a shower

before moisturizer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay, it tells me that differin is an acne treatment for the face?

it works on KP too

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you very much for your help. How long would I expect to wait to see a result?

1-2 weeks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much. I have searched it online to get it sent to me, it says it comes as a cream or a gel, which option is best? The gel?

either one is fine

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would you also recommend I continue using the salicylic acid moisturiser after it or should I go for a plain moisturiser like E45 cream?

salicyclic acid is good

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it

you are very welcome :)

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
One last question if that is okay :) I have googled differin and have found it is also known as ‘adapalene’? I used to use this on my acne at first and it made my skin purge and get really bad, will this happen on my arms? As I remember how bad my skin got and I don’t know if that will happen to my arms too?

yes this might happen