the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

Private ent specialist, Nasobec Aqueous, I don't have a cold

Customer Question

Private ent specialist
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Nasobec Aqueous
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't have a cold or allergies. I haven't had one in ages. I believe I have been misdiagnosed. I work with a headset all day, my eardrum is apparently retracted in my right ear. I have had ringing. It stopped for now. But I have been diagnosed with a steroidal spray for a eustachian tube dysfunction instead, for some odd reason, even though I do not present with any allergic or cold symptoms.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 16 days ago.

Hello. I'mCustomer licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

What do you think you have?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi there! I have been diagnosed with eustachian tube dysfunction and given Nasobex Aqueous steroid nasal spray.I was just discussing it with doctors on here and one finally explained that the spray is prescribed to open up the eustachian tube to see if it will help equalise the pressure in the middle ear causing my eardrum to be retracted.I work with a headset all day, speaking to people. So I am exposed to some degree of noise pollution. My manager has explained that this happened to a few others on the job and it is likely because of the constant sound in the ears on the job.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nasobec

I 100% agree with you

It could be the headset

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks. I have no choice but to use it till my appointment with an ENT specialist next week. But I do have some days off including today, till Sunday. That will give it a chance to rest.Is the spray useful at all in this case? Knowing the most likely cause is the headset?And how much damage do you think there might be? Should I be worried?

Yes it is useful for sure

try it

it might help.

I don't think there is a ton of damage if you can still hear ok