How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7604
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

I am a 37 year old female. I suffer chronic pain from

Customer Question

I am a 37 year old female. I suffer chronic pain from Hypermobility spectrum disorder (HSD) with co morbid POTS. Other medical of depression anxiety and Spherocytosis.I called NHS 111 on the 16th and got emergency ambulance to A and E my heart rate varied from 92 to 140’s. my potassium level was low so the gave me an IV in AandE which worked after just 250ml or so ( I was given 1l). I was then admitted to the acute medical unit from early hrs of 17th til 18th with telemetry. no real episode happened except a wee change in my ECG (My bump that is supposed to go up went down). Had an echo of my heart and a stress test which were fine as far as I’m aware
But now I have symptoms again I don’t know what to doNow I am finding it difficult to be on my feet to the point of extreme headaches (migraine), palpitations from 89 - 126 bpm sitting to 135 - 158 bpm on my feet ( auto detect on my smart watch) intermittent chest pain. And pins and needles hands and face with shakiness
I don’t want to go back to hospital and hoping it will pass
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh my WBC was a bit high but levelled during hospital visit too
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 14 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, and online question and answer service. I look forward to answering your question. Please be aware that this is not a site that provides medical care, just answers and advice. We communicate through the platform via text or email. It is not an instant chat so please be patient.It sounds like you are having intermittent tachycardia. It also appears that you have had a full workup and nothing serious was found which is great.
Tachycardia can be caused by dehydration. You can pick yourself up a sports type electrolyte drink. I believe you can get Gatorade in the UK.
What is your height and weight? You should also followup by calling your own GP.Please respond to me with any followup questions you may have. I would appreciate your feedback on the answer I have provided.