Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have an urgent query as I have been prescribed

Customer Question

Hello, I have an urgent query as I have been prescribed escitalopram 20mg per day and prazepam 10mg per day for depression and anxiety while i was in Italy and I am about to run out of my meds in a few days. My mom has sent me my meds but due to the current issues in packagings' deliveries due to covid the delivery might take a bit longer than expected and I can't risk discontinuating these medications due to delays in delivery. I do have with me the prescription that my doctor in Italy has made, but I'm afraid that booking an appointment with my gp to obtain the same prescription in London might take too long and I was wondering if there is some emergency service to receive urgent help on these matters and solve this in time. Thank you.
JA: How long have you had depression? Do you have a cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
Customer: I have developed it during thepandemic. I don't have any of the symptoms you mentioned
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: I am in London now but in Italy where I come from there are really few cases and it is indeed classified as a low risk area for covid 19
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm healthy
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 days ago.

This is not a telemedicine website, unfortunately.

The website is only meant to provide medical education and answers specific to your questions only.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I know that’s not what you want to hear right now.

I would be happy to answer any other medical concerns you have.

A prescription of any kind here would be both illegal and malpractice

The website is not authorized to issue any prescriptions or notes or referrals.

An urgent care center can do that for you.

Please contact

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Urgent-Care/LocationSearch/1824

I am sorry again.