Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
75931320

I have problem with my penis it’s not getting hard as it

Customer Question

Hi I have problem with my penis it’s not getting hard as it used to be
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yeah
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no I don’t have any medical conditions
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience. Answers here are for education and information.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer

I am sorry to hear about your problem but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information, and I will help you figure out a solution.

May I know your age?

For how long you have this issue with the erection/hardness of the penis?

(Please feel free to ignore any request for a phone conversation; the offer is automated)

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m 25 and I have this problem for a month now and I tried to have sex with my partner and its not getting hard
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for providing the details.

I am now preparing and typing my answer, and I will post my reply here as soon as it is ready.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is it alright to use viagra
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for staying online,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I can understand how uncomfortable you may be feeling, but hopefully, we can resolve this.

The symptoms you have described of having a problem in getting the hardness of the penis can be due to various causes.

Its most common causes are- stress, depression and anxiety, cigarette smoking, nerve or spinal cord damage, low testosterone levels, certain medications.

Stress and anxiety are some of the most common and most probable causes of erectile dysfunction.

Most likely, your erectile dysfunction is because of psychological causes. It includes stress, anxiety, depression, guilt, Low self-esteem, nerves – especially about performing, relationship problems - especially if you’re no longer keen on your partner.

Certain feelings can interfere with normal sexual function, including feeling nervous about or self-conscious about sex; feeling stressed either at home or work.

The treatment depends on the cause. It includes Oral medications like Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis) and lifestyle improvements (for example, quitting smoking(if you do so) and exercising more), and testosterone therapy.

My best advice is to please make an appointment with your doctor/psychologist to confirm the exact underlying cause, and then treatment will be done accordingly.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask.