How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35301
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have pain in the right side of my face upper and lower

Customer Question

I have pain in the right side of my face upper and lower teeth feel sensitive and pain in jaw
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: it started two days ago but today is constant with no relief. No other skin concerns
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
You may have trigeminal neuralgia.

A chronic pain condition affecting the trigeminal nerve in the face.

The trigeminal nerve carries sensation from the face to the brain.

Symptoms range from mild to severe facial pain, often triggered by chewing, speaking, or brushing the teeth.

Treatment includes medications, injections, and surgery.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What do you recommend for the pain?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 13 days ago.

You can try over the counter Ibuprofen 600 mg per dose every 6 hours.

If no improvement in 24 hours, you will need prescription pain medication like Gabapentin or carbamazepine after exam.

An infection of the gum or tooth also needs to be ruled out.