Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

Met husband hasn’t lliotomy and also has toe have his join

Customer Question

Met husband hasn’t lliotomy and also has toe have his join taken down so also has another end stone.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: p to now the illiostomy is the internet one that has Ben active but today the other one was active is this normal will it be a one off or is there something wrong?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He had bowel cancer
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: its only just happeed
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry I will re layperson tat he hasn’t illiostomy and then needed a second op two take toe join down at his rectum.
He has had thi for 5 months and never had anything but mucas until today and it was like a dioreohea come out with the mucas is this normal or will it be a on of now and then ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My phone is really playing up he has an illiostomy and a stoma but only the illiostomy is active until today
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 13 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am really sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you.

Can you tell me what was the second operation he had?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He has a Hartman procedure

After hartmann procedure, this is common for rectum to produce mucous. This is not abnormal.

Is ileostomy working okay?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the illiostomy is working but he has never had pop come out of the Hartman before and only wears a patch
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Poo
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s not coming out his rectum it’s out of the stoma
Will it be something that happens often , he has had it five months never happened before

Poo should come out only in stoma bag.

Mucous secretions from the rectum is normal and can come out after hartman as well.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But I’m trying to explain, he has poo come out of his illiostomy into his bag , that is normal!
He doesn’t have anything come out of the Hartman procedure stoma but mucas until today. Do you understand what I’m saying?

Yes poo will eventually come out of ilestomy bag. Yes, this is normal.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry you are not understanding me!
The poo is coming out of the illiostomy bag and has been for 5 months ! The Hartman procedure is idle until today
Do you understand what I’m saying . It has never had anything come out but today it has ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 12 days ago.

Yes, That's what My first response was. This is not a problem. This is absolutely normal.