Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I blacked out for a second and fell down a flight of stairs.

Hello . I blacked out for a second and fell down a flight of stairs. I’m now in hospital and dont seem to be able to move my legs and feet. Do u think its just a shock to the system ?
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Is it only the inability to move or is there any problem with the sensation?
3. Are you able to perceive the bladder sensation?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Im female and aged 42. My legs and feet feel tingly but numb af the same time . I have a catheter in at the moment but i can feel the bladder. Thanks
I am sorry for your symptoms and I understand your concern.
It might be a shock or it could be a local inflammation and swelling of the spinal cord due to an injury which might recover with steroids.I would definitely suggest whole brain MRI and also whole spine MRI.You might be wondering why when the symptoms are in the lower limbs the reason for MRI brain rather than MRI spine alone.That is because I need the reason for your blacking out at the first instance to prevent further such episodes.May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician or neurologist and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

"A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!"

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Do you mind keeping me updated on the proceedings and your recovery.

I would be glad to hear about your recovery please.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi . Just wanted to keep you posted on my progress . Im still not able to move my legs and feet . Im hoping the physio will come today to get me up out of bed . Ive had an mri and it shows an old fracture on my spine but nothing else

Can you upload the report.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I dont have access to a report sorry

Okay - but I am happy if there is no spinal injury - it may be pain or shock and with physiotherapy you might feel better.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi im 42 and female . I can feel my legs and people touch them but i cant move them . Thanks

It might be a local inflammation and shock and I know your demographic details from the last interaction.

I would have advised steroid shot - but the not indicated for fracture alone.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thanks

Get well soon.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thankyou

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks so much

Okay