Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I had an allergic reaction to the flu vaccine in 2018 and

I had an allergic reaction to the flu vaccine in 2018 and have been unable to have it again. Is it safe for me to have covid vaccine? I am 70 years old
JA: Are you experiencing any symptoms, such as a cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
Customer: I had shortness of breath and severe skin rash which lasted for months. I still get short of breath on occasion. This has been since 2018
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Where are you located? How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: I am located in Ystradowen, the upper Swansea/Amman valley
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I do not think so as I had enjoyed pretty good health until 2018

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear you are allergic to the flu vaccine. This however is still fine for the COVID vaccine.

It would actually be fine for both the Oxford and the Pfizer vaccine.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you but I am really worried about having allergic reaction to covid vaccine