Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have just returned home following an ablation procedure.

I have just returned home following an ablation procedure. This morning after I woke i went extremely dizzy if I turned onto my left side. During the day, ghat has passed but I till feel a bit dizzy. Could this be linked to the ablation or might it be something to do with my inner ears?
JA: Have you used any medication for dizziness?
Customer: no I dont have anything
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about dizziness?
Customer: In the past, but a few years ago. Then it was suggested could be a blocked eustation tube
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

I don’t think this will be related to the ablation procedure; it sounds very much like a common form of vertigo called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), which (as you say) is to do with a temporary issue with the inner ear (specifically loose otolith(s) within a semi-circular canal). From your description it is likely that your left ear is affected and there is a relatively straightforward procedure you can do at home to treat this:

https://www.dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk/application/files/4515/8583/7263/Home_Epley_Manoeuvres.pdf

I suggest trying this 2-3 times a day for the next few days and if the symptoms don’t resolve then see your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This looks really helpful. Thank you. I will try the exercises.

You’re very welcome, all the best.

If you would be kind enough to provide any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.