Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've noticed a new pin mole the other day that looks like a

I've noticed a new pin prick mole the other day that looks like a raised blood blister close up. However, it's on my back and I haven't done anything to cause an injury. I'm panicking because it looks weird. Can someone check it for me?

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I first noticed it as a small black dot, so I assumed I had pen on me and tried to rub it off my back (hence the pink skin in the photo). My husband took a close up and it looks a weird dark red/black colour and is raised.

This does look like a blood blister --may have grown from irritation.

In that case, the size will shrink in next 2-3 weeks.

However, if it continues to grow, you will need further evaluation.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. I had been googling all day long and had convinced myself it was a nodular melanoma! I'll keep a close eye on it and hopefully it goes away soon.

not likely given that this is not a solid nodule.