Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Anxiety is very high at the moment. Have been using an

Anxiety is very high at the moment. Have been using an antifungal nail varnish on one of my toe nails. It is one you peel off every day and replace. I was in the shower and realised it was peeling so took it off and believe I put it on the side for it to wash away. I cleaned myself afterwards and because my anxiety is so heightened I can't stop but shake the fact I might have left it on my hand and accidentally got it inside me when I was cleaning myself (ie my vagina, sorry to be crude). I now can't get this out of my head and am panicking it will stay inside me and cause me cancer. Is this even possible and how can I calm this down please?

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

I understand.

Even in the extremely unlikely event that you accidentally inserted this high in your vagina without realising it, there is no realistic risk of it causing you harm and in particular no risk of it causing cancer.

You no longer need to worry about this.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. Very much appreciated and sorry for the very random question.

No need to apologise at all - you’re very welcome.

If you would be kind enough to provide any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.