Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

From pictures it looks like i have periocoronitis, (there is

from pictures it looks like i have periocoronitis, (there is a flap of gum over my back tooth) and i've had this for probably a year, but had no pain or side effects... what should i do?
JA: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?
Customer: last year and no i had some fillings
JA: Got it. Can you see or feel anything else in your mouth that is causing concern?
Customer: yes my gums in between my two front teeth bottom row is also flapping
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: no

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

If there is no pain or inflammation, no urgency.

You should start flossing between the teeth twice daily for now which may help to reduce gum growth.

Eventually you will need to see orthodontist or periodontal specialist for gum treatment ( likely excision of excess flaps).

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How can I post a picture? The flap was there for about 6 months then almost disappeared or stopped being 'flappy' (for lack of better vocabulary) for a couple of months, now it's back again. It doesn't bother me or give any pain, but does that mean it could start giving me pain in the guture?The gum in between my two front bottom teeth however If i touch it it does come off between my teeth.. is flossing going to help this?

Usually not --please start flossing twice daily --definitely will help and wont get worse over time.