Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have recently had some pelvic pain. STIs were ruled out.

Hi. I have recently had some pelvic pain. STIs were ruled out. It went up my flank and was quite severe for a few days. Urine test dipstick showed some leukocytes but no nitrates and culture is fine. Full blood count has shown nothing. My CRP is 5 but with normal bracket of 0-7 on the lab test. Do you have any idea?

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
No infection at least since everything normal.

I will take the pain as muscle spasms --nothing serious.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It felt a lot worse than that, I had really severe flank pain on one side radiating through my abdomen. Is it possible to have a mild uti and just fight this off myself? Also is a CRP of 5 okay? Some say that’s is elevated but the lab has said it is normal! Sorry for the questions

Mild UTI should not cause that much pain and CRP would have been higher than 10 at least.

CRP of 5 is normal per your lab reference range.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hmmmm this is so weird. I guess whatever it is it can’t be that serious as it has now subsided. It’s happened twice in five years and I just thought perhaps if it was viral I need to find out what is causing it. I did think it was PID at first but they’ve ruled out any problems with my cervix, womb etc and the dysuria does come and go. Is it possible that my vape could be irritating my kidneys?

No this is not likely serious.

Not likely PID related as it will not just go away like that.

Vaping can cause such spasms from dehydration.

Kidney problem also not likely.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My other thought was possibly trichomonas as apparently that is really hard to diagnose but my PH balance is lower than 4.5 and I have no white blood cells in my discharge and they couldn’t find it on any wet mounts. But I’ve heard that can cause female urological conditions. Not sure how I would rule that out though

That is not likely either since everything normal.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
strange. Anyway I should probably rejoice that everything appears normal!! And perhaps cut back on the vaping. I’m sure you have seen some urological mysteries before. One more thing is could the leukocytes be caused by IC? With it being such a long standing thing and I have a lot of allergies; I was thinking maybe that also?

Leucocytes can be cause by IC or just benign findings due to leakage from kidney blood vessels. No significance in the absence of other normal results.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank u so so much!!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Before I go is there anything else you think it could be that I could explore?

welcome

That will be all for now.